Life can be a beautiful journey, a crazy ride, a big adventure. But it can also be a living nightmare, a constant struggle, a hard teacher. It’s all up to you. In each moment, you choose which side of it to embrace and that affects your mind, body and soul, your present and your future, the person you become, as well as other people in your life. So here are some of the choices you need to make in order to see this world for the wonderful place it is – full of opportunities, kindness and love.
1. Let go of the past. Source You won’t be able to continue your life and enjoy your days if you’re stuck in past memories and constantly reliving what has happened a long time ago. Free yourself from the burden of the past by letting go, by realizing that nothing can be done and you can only learn from it. Leave it behind and move on stronger than ever. Great things are waiting for you out there.
2. Don’t take things too personally. We tend to overthink every little detail of our days. We think life is unfair when something bad happens. We keep asking ”why” when someone leaves us. We fail and give up. But you need to understand that stuff like that shouldn’t be taken personally. People leave, they argue or are mean because they have their own problems, are misunderstood or just don’t need you anymore. It’s not your fault. You make mistakes and fail, yes. And the beauty of it is that you get to try again, but be more experienced and confident this time. That’s how leaders are created. No one succeeds from scratch. And you may meet bad people, may end up in awkward situations, things may be taken from you, and you may lose a lot. But life has limits too. Don’t expect too much from it. Learn how to move on and keep working on the things you believe in.
3. Choose less over more. If you manage to make that a habit, you’ll live a simpler, freer, happier and more peaceful life. Get rid of most of your nonessential belongings, speak less so that you can listen more, eat less and dress more simply. Eliminate the people in your life that only burden you with negativity, because you don’t need them. Shorten your to-do list by focusing on the essential things you have to do and ditch everything else that only keeps you busy.
4. Appreciate what you have. Source Grateful people live great lives. They are thankful each day for what they have. And are so much happier because they focus on the people they love, the opportunities that are everywhere around them, the things they enjoy doing, the time they have, the place they live in, the friends they have, and so on. They smile about everything they own and appreciate what life gives them.
5. Stop worrying about the future. By constantly thinking about what might happen, you miss out on the present moment, which is where life is happening. We worry about tomorrow, we fear something bad might happen. We try to predict it, we prepare for everything, and we try to plan our days. But in the end, stuff just happens. And the only thing we can do is enjoy it to the fullest and make the best of it. Life is full of surprises. And that is a good thing. But by expecting the worst to happen, you complicate life and make it hard. So let go of all those worries and the need to control and predict everything. Just leave it behind and go with the flow.
6. Realize that you yourself are enough. You don’t really need anyone to make you feel good and to start living. So stop waiting for them. That’s just another excuse that keeps you from dealing with things. There may be a void inside you, but another person won’t fill it. You need to fix your relationship with yourself first – to start loving, appreciating and accepting yourself for the person you are. Only then will you be able to share your life with someone special, and show him or her what a great individual you are.
7. Always be on the lookout for something new. Source You can truly live a life full of excitement if you choose to live outside your comfort zone every once in a while. Take risks, try new things, do what scares you and challenge yourself as much as you can. That’s how you grow and improve, and that’s how you feel free and full of life.
8. Choose kindness. Be kind to everyone you meet. No matter how they treat you, you can always be polite, smile and offer help. Most people are sad, that they’ve experienced bad things, had their heart broken or lost a loved one, never reached their dreams, or never dared to follow them and now live in regret. Most people aren’t satisfied and can’t see the beauty of life, therefore don’t trust anyone. They’ve lost hope and tend to think life is unfair to them. Many are alone too. So keep that in mind. And when you least expect it, you’ll become the reason for someone like that to change their mind. Start making these eight choices a regular part of your life. You’ll soon be able to appreciate and enjoy every single day and make the best of it.